Thursday, August 26, 2010

DCW Crew Visits Taylor Vineyard

The Taylor Reserve Cabernet is one of our flag ship Cabernets at Dutcher Crossing. That being said, the crew needs to have a great understanding of what makes it special to Kerry and I. I absolutely adore that vineyard, the owners and the wine produced from their grapes. Both the vineyard owners and us are so commit ed to each other that we agreed to graft over some vines so our production could increase over the years. Have to love that commitment to each other.

My staff will have a great time but I haven't told the ones who will sit in the back of the pick up my first visit story. Probably a good thing too. Pat told me to watch the tailgate as it could open and I chose to ignore it as who would put us there if it was an issue. Well, people should heed Pat's warning. As we were climbing the steep hill, the tail gate opened and out I tumbled! Ran to catch up to truck and knocked on drivers window to have him stop. Was just the start of an interesting day as I finished the day in Pat's Port cellar. You can only imagine tasting through all his ports!

So my advise to the crew is listen when Pat's says watch the tailgate (I've heard it hasn't been fixed) and wear your running shoes! I hope they have a great time and Pat doesn't loss any of them on the hill.

No comments: