Saturday, February 7, 2009

Upcoming Release

What is more fun than the anticipation of an upcoming release? Not much else for me. We have 2 new upcoming releases-2007 Bernier-Sibary Zinfandel and 2007 Maple Zinfandel-Bill's Block. Both are Italian field blends, distinctively different and first timers for us. Should I describe them now? I think not as we're just days away from the release so I will let everyone have a neutral mind as they first experience these 2 beauties. I can tell you this that the staff is equally split as to which one is their favorite. Kerry and I rave about each of them every time we drink them.
The one great thing about these wines is it has turned on a few no Zinfandel drinkers to the amazing qualities of Zinfandel. It really is hard not to appreciate the elegance of what Zinfandel should be after one has tried these wines. What's the down fall as there always is a short coming to great things? Our production is limited. I guess that could be a positive or negative depending on one's point of view.
Expect me to write about the fabulous qualities of the wines soon. I'll share with you wine club families view on them as well as the growers themselves( they usually are our toughest critics). Ker and I have as much fun seeing/hearing everyone take on the wines as we do when we drink them.

No comments: