Saturday, November 15, 2008

Taylor Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Earns 90 pts!

Good news for Dutcher Crossing and congrats to Kerry and Dan. Our 05 Taylor Reserve earned 90pts for Wine and Spirits Magazine. As a rule, we don't chase scores or even medals with our wines. We carefully select what wines we would like to submit and to whom. There are a plethora of theories regarding scores but each winery needs to do what works for their business model. I'm quite proud of the 05 Taylor Reserve and the job well done by the winemakers.

2 comments:

flybymike said...

Congratulations Debra and Kerry! I can't wait to taste the '05 Taylor. I have three bottles sitting 3 feet away from me. One of them will be opened this week to celebrate for you!

Debra Mathy said...

Thanks! I love this wine so it's just icing on the cake for me. We're lucky as the Taylor's were willing to graft over some vines for us so we will have a larger supply in the next 5 years.