Monday, July 7, 2008

New beginnings at the one-year mark

I've always got more to the story to tell and our winery newsletter just can't fit all of my musings. Somebody suggested a blog and I knew it would be perfect for me.

I’ve just marked a little over a year at Dutcher Crossing Winery and so much has happened. I was told by a mentor that the first year would be fast-paced with a big learning curve, but things would be different after that first year as I would have seen everything once. Well, he was correct with respect to the first year’s pace but things are always changing and never the same year-to-year. If I knew what the first year would have been like, would I have still chosen this path? Absolutely! The great things in life aren’t always the easiest. Have I had numerous sleepless nights? OF COURSE! But have I seen the wines and winery going down the right path? You bet! Heck, half my sleepless nights are purely from excitement over the wines we have in barrel. Bill’s Block Maple Zin and Bernier/Sibary Zin are tasting so great and I can’t wait to share them.

But as I said, there's more to the story....

3 comments:

Nancy Brown said...

Debra,
Congratulations on your one year anniversary with Dutcher Crossing Winery. Your wines are awesome!
Nancy

aflack said...

Debra,
Congratulations on your one year anniversary and thank you for making your dream a delight for our taste buds!
Ann

Debra Mathy said...

Thanks Nancy and Ann. Our goal is to keep improving every vintage.
Cheers,
Debra